Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, More Change Day 1

The New Year is upon us. Today is the start of a new year, new decade. Over the last few weeks, the Christmas spirit has been in me. Family gatherings, friends and what else? Food... Ah yes, food. The gathering place of many is the table. Well, this past holiday season, I decided to stick to my guns and eat well. And did I eat well. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, steaks and steamed veggies (sometimes roasted) for lunches and dinners... I ate wonderfully. And my body is changing! And I know the little extra cheese here and there, a little sugar with the primal cookies... it all adds up. So today is the start of a clean slate....

My 30 day challenge to myself....

A couple days ago, my trainer said to me to go really strict paleo eating for 30 days. I hemmed and hawed... Then I came across this....

My jaw hit the floor... this is the ass kicking I needed. So... Here are the rules I am following as mentioned on the blog I have linked:

1. Eating real foods: meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils (EVOO or coconut). Eating foods with very few ingredients.

2. I will not eat dairy. *sigh*

3. I will not eat grains, including bread, rice, pasta, corn, oatmeal and even the gluten-free grains...

4. I will not eat legumes.

5. I will not eat sugars, real or artificial.

6. I will not eat processed foods. No protein shakes, processed bars or creamers

7. I will not drink alcohol, in any form. *shutters*


My Plan

Each day I will make the decision to put good foods into my body. I will nurish it with good meats, veggies and fruits. I want to change the way I taste things. I will eat when I want to and eat until I am content. I will not measure, count, weigh anything. I will listen to my body with what it wants and needs.

I am really, really excited for this. Today has been a great day. I woke up after a great night ringing in the new year. I kept my food selections to primal, but did have a couple glasses of champange. I woke up not feeling like crap (others in the house did). My sister and I went to her gym to work out. It was a kick-ass class that made me realize I really, really need to get back into running. I think that will be a great addition with my CrossFit.

Today's food:

before class: banana, cup of black coffee
after class: 5 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, cup of black coffee, water

dinner: home-made chili (no legumes), yams, water

So NO excuses... 30 days is not that long. It's not THAT hard. Yes, it's going to suck when I am craving chocolate or a glass of wine. But this is the whole point. To change the way my body wants food. I am ready to change... I have been good the past 6 months, but this is what I really, really need to do. Come February, I know I will have learned things about myself and what my body really, really wants. Maybe my weight will go down. Maybe my body shape will change. It's all good. I will keep going to my CrossFit. I will start runnig too. I need to step that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment