Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy Sunday - Day 10

I love my husband. Really, I do. He got up with my side kick this morning and told me to go back to sleep. I slept until 10am! I really needed it! Got up and took my side kick and my mom to Target. Got a few baby items and looked for, what else, clothes for me! As I was walking thru the isles, I walked by a mirror. I had to do a double take. There standing before me was a stranger. A good looking stranger. A skinny female that was wearing the same t-shirt and jeans! Wait a minute, it was... ME! I literally stopped and totally checked myself out! haha Now, whether the mirror that I had passed was a little warped, or it was true to "size", it gave me the biggetst ego boost! I have decided not to weigh myself over the next few weeks because I am really just trying to feel the difference in my body. And I feel it! My waist feels smaller. As much as this is a challenge to myself, I am understanding why I really needed to do this. I get that my body doesn't need sugar. It doesn't need grains... and okay, okay, it doesn't "need" cheese or alcohol *kicking the dirt*... haha... I guess every day that passes, it's getting more and more ingrained... pun kinda intended ;)....

Funny, it sunk in today that the way I eat won't be the new "drive thru diet" or the next diet to beat yourself up. I wish more and more people would actually look at what they are eating and realize that all that "stuff" that is in their foods are killing them. But, I am only one person and I am not a super hero (maybe to my sidekick, but that's a different story!)

morning: 1 cup black coffee

afternoon: chicken sausage, 3 eggs sunny side up, 1 cup of black coffee, over ice with coconut milk

evening: chicken cooked in coconut oil, then coconut milk, sunflower butter, 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries and cherries

WOD: rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment