Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 16 and 17

Yesterday and today were great days. Yesterday we had a party at a sporting good store for the gym I go to. We all hung out, ate (well, I really only ate an orange), others drank and we had weight lifting competitions. The guy and girl who could lift the most weight with a one handed deadlift, won gift certificates to the store. I did not participate. The women that go to my gym could kick my ass till Tuesday. I wasn't dumb... hahaha. Then my husband and I enjoyed a nice evening out to one of our favorite restaurants. It was a laid back night with the both of us. Just really nice to spend some quality time, just the two of us.

Today, I got back in the saddle again with massage. My brother's girlfriend had been wanting one for while, so I said I would give her one for a Christmas present. She cashed in today. I haven't given a massage in over 10 months. Since before my son was born. It felt wonderful. I hadn't skipped a beat. She was surprise after it was all said and done that I had gone that long not giving one. It made me miss my clients and the healing that is does. I think I might start putting out the word and colecting a small clientel base.

After the massage, I hung with my parents and son. We had a great dinner, but tonight was probably by far, the hardest night for me. The ladies of the family always drink wine at dinner. I wanted to cave so badly, but Stephanie (brother's girlfriend) asked me the best question... "at the end of your 30 days, will you be mad at yourself if you let yourself have a drink tonight?"... I would be. So, water it was. And of course, my step-mom made apple pie for dessert. I had a banana with blueberries and blackberries. I am happy that I didn't give in.

menus for the last two days:
Jan 16:

morning: cup coffee with coconut milk, 3 pieces bacon, 4 eggs scrambled

afternoon: orange, lara bar (it's a raw bar with dates, almonds walnuts and a few other nuts. it was delish. No sugar, no milk, no grains).

evening: baked sole with extra veggies, sparkeling water

Jan 17:

morning: cup coffee with coconut milk

late morning: shake (coconut milk, coco powder, frozen raspberries, almond butter)

snack: shrimp, raw veggies

evening; tri-tip, asparagus, mushrooms... dessert: blueberries, blackberries, banana

WOD: rest

No comments:

Post a Comment