Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21

Something has been on my mind a lot lately. A girlfriend contacted me last night over email and she sent me a recipe for a snack bar. It was a recipe that I was familiar with and thanked her. She then proceeded to ask me questions about my eating and what I was doing. I tend not to go into too much detail, as I have noticed most people don't get it. Then she proceeded to tell me I should post all the meals I eat on Facebook and to talk more about it. My reply to her was "thanks, but no thanks"... I realize that if I were to post that, a lot of people would be offended. I would be going against everything they have ever been told about "diets". And you tell someone that they need to change their eating, then you are telling them also, if they have a family, that they are a bad parent if they don't change their child's eating. So most will be pissed that you are basically telling them they are bad people (which, it's far from the truth, but people tend to read into stuff WAY too much)...

And the ever annoying comment of "You have so much will power! I could NEVER do what you do!"... really? You mean if your life depended on it you couldn't change? I guess I don't understand the comment. What if I had a life threatening disease... would it be will power then? No, it would be something that is a life or death situation. What makes this really any different? I realized I was slowly killing myself. My weight was "fat"... I would probably be diabetic at some point. I guess I am just cutting it off at the get go. So is that really will power? To me, no. It's more about me wanting to live longer. To play with my family.

I have another friend that has cut out the grains and sugar also. She just started it. She mentioned today that she really wanted a scone. A low carb, no dairy, no gluten, low sugar scone. I tried to help, but I could only find muffins that had yogurt in it... so no go for her. I gave her a couple of tips that helped me to ward off the sugar cravings... All the comments that she got was "it will taste like cardboard"... "why are you torturing yourself! obviously you body NEEDS grains and sugar"... I had to close the thread because I knew they had NO clue what sugar does to your body. And hello people! Wouldn't one think if your body is craving it, like a crack fiend that is waiting for their next fix, that maybe, just MAYBE they could have an addiction?

Wow, I guess I needed to get that out. It's been bothering me a lot as of late. I don't mind sharing what I have learned about this whole process with those who want to understand more about it. But I guess I get confused to the "wow, you look amazing... i could never do that"... it's like they are complimenting you and giving you a slight back hand all in one...

And as for the friend that wanted me to post all about it, I could have told her about this blog.. but I really didn't want her all up in my business! haha....

morning: cup of coffee, coconut milk, bacon and eggs

afternoon: chicken breast wrapped in bacon, roasted brussel sprouts, apple with sunflower butter

snack: handful of unsweetened coconut flakes

evening: shephards pie, two deviled eggs

WOD:
For time, 4 rounds

10 split jerks (63lbs)
100m farmer walks (25lbs each hand)
20 sumo deadlift high pulls (44lbs)
1 min rest

time: 17min 40 sec...

My arms are dead. And I am in love with the split jerk. I think this is the one I really want to excel at.

No comments:

Post a Comment