Friday, January 8, 2010

Fran is my Homegirl... - Day 8

This morning started off with me going to the gym and meeting with Fran again. Warmed up and got right to it.

Fran is a CrossFit workout that is short and sweet. Well, not really sweet. More like ass kicking. Last time I did Fran, I went with the lightest olympic bar I could (33lbs) and did jumping pullups.

So it's a thruster (squat then lift the bar above your head, repeat) and pull ups. This time around, I went to a 45lb bar, and the band assisted pull up. It gave me a beat down... And I realize how much I love Fran.

WOD: Fran 21-15-9

45lbs Thrusters, band assisted pullups

time: 9:54

My time last time was 7 minutes something. This time, I upped the weights and the difficulty of the pull ups. I told myself to come in at least under 10 minutes. I am happy to accomplish this!


morning: 4 eggs scrambled, 3oz steak cut up, 3 pieces bacon, half cup broccoli, 1 cup black coffee

evening: cucumber and seaweed salad, sashimi plate with avocado, unsweetened black tea

Tonight was by far, my biggest challenge. I LOVE sushi. And, well, I know I can have rice once in a while, obviously I can't since I am on my challenge. And the one love, sake, had to be passed up as well. We went to dinner with some friends that just got engaged. I thought it was going to be so much more harder then it actually was. As much as those rolls looked yummy on my husbands plate, the sashimi plate was perfect. It was such fresh fish that it didn't even have a taste to it.

Each day that goes by, I am so proud of myself for sticking to my challenge. My girlfriend asked if I wanted to drink tonight, but honestly, I really didn't. I didn't NEED it. It's only 30 days. Why am I going to give in when I told myself to do this challenge? So I am coming to terms what this means to me.

1. When I eat the correct way, I really don't miss the crap

2. I am stronger then I think I am

3. This is turning into a lifestyle now

4. I feel so different then I ever have been before when I wanted to get "healthy".

So these are just some of the things that I have been processing. It feels good. It feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment