Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bang, bang... Day 2

Aaahhhh, starting off 2010 with a bang... Today my husband and I took my little brother to the shooting range. We had a blast (hehe). We shot our AR, 2 different .9mm and a .40mm... I love the range. And, I am so happy that now I can finally rack my own guns. I wasn't strong enough to be able to rack them in the past. Now, I think due to me working out they way I have (I heart CrossFit) this has helped me tremendously. And doing it left handed! okay, okay, I am just really happy about it! So, knowing I would be out all day, I decided to do an IF after breakfast. Not a very long one, but not having lunch none the less. So, I had a bigger breakfast and just enjoyed dinner.


breakfast: one cup of black coffee, 5 eggs, 4 slices of bacon, a cup of brussel sprouts

dinner: steak, a cup of brussel sprouts, a cup of green tea (no sweeteners or cream)


On the way home from the range, my husband wanted pizza for dinner. So he stopped and picked up a pepperoni pizza from Little Ceasers. He got it in the car and I had to admit, it smelled kinda good... but then as I kept smelling it, I was thinking about all the crap that is in it. And I was SO happy that I was having steak for dinner. I knew I wasn't going to have a tummy ache tonight or early tomorrow morning. That made today worth it. I was thinking about the times I have given in to having the pizza for dinner. Thinking it's the easiest thing because I won't have to spend time in the kitchen. Yet, I pay for it dearly in the middle of the night when I wake up doubled over in pain. And knowing tonight I really had no desire for it made me feel great. Understanding that I don't have to give in because it "may" be easier. Understanding that I have full control over what I am putting in my body.

Feels effin fantastic!

No workout today. Just the day at the range. I do however, need to make more time for sleep. I know that it's really, really important to get sleep. So, on that note, I should call it a night and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment