Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CrossFit. Awesome, simply awesome.

Tonight was my first class of CrossFit. I have had an introduction to CrossFit with the boot camp I was attending, but this was full blown, weights, kettle bells, goodness.

It was an intro to the facility, and just an intro to a workout. As I pulled into the parking lot, my tummy had butterflies. Not because I was scared, because I was nervous. I really don't know of what, maybe it being new?

Anyway, a young guy was the trainer and boy, was he a chatty cathy! haha... He seemed like a really nice kid. There were 5 of us total. Two men, three ladies. We did a warm up and we were taught the Front Squat. Bar in front and then squat. It was great. Just did a few to get a feel. Then he showed us around and talked more about safety, blah, blah, blah... then came the workout.

It was a short and sweet. 6 minutes of a round of 5 burpees and 10 kettle bell swings... so keep repeating, over and over for the 6 minutes. For the love of pete, I hate burpees! hhaha they are my arch nemesis. But we all started at the same time. Okay, I am a competitive person. I will admit. And, well, I know most men I will have to keep up with... and we started, first round we all were pretty much at the same pace. Then, after the first round, everyone took a break... they were huffing and puffing... I continued. I just kept going. The way I look at it, it's only 6 minutes. Probably the longest 6 minutes of my life, but 6 minutes none the less. It felt great. I was pumping away. The instructor even yelled out "this is what Jennifer wanted"... (um, that's me)... and I just closed my eyes and kept going. The instructor said a good amount of rounds for that 6 minutes was 6... So about a minute for each round... I pulled ahead. At the end, everyone had a 5 or less. I went 7 and 1/2 rounds. I was so proud of myself. Was I trying to beat everyone? mmmm, yeah, kinda... but mostly, I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.

It's been a couple hours and my lungs still feel alive. You know that feeling that you just ran and your lungs can feel it? That's what I am feeling. And I love it.

I have a smile on my face. This is the best thing for me. I am so happy that I have found this. I heart CrossFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment